Saturday, July 31, 2010

Women's wrestling 7: English muffin in da house!

Wow... I am absolutely exhausted tonight. I did some really big squats tonight, with my new weights, hitting 3 top sets of 2 with 445, after warming up with 225, 295, 345, 365, 395 and 415. This was followed with a front squat progression, using cross grip because my wrists aren't loose enough to use a clean grip, finishing up at 315. My legs, as you can imagine, are completely blasted and my back feels compressed like a well squeezed accordion.... I mean, honestly, right now you could probably play "I Been Working on the Railroad" on my spine. On the other hand, tonight is my night to watch WWE Smackdown! with my sister, and in spite of Magical Mexican Midgets, CM Punk pitching fits (the M is for Man-whore) and the fairly incoherent ramblings of Kane, PI, Smackdown allows me to see Captain Charisma, Christian Cage, do his thing (which he did big time against Drew McIntyre and his lisp AND in diabetes, tonight) and, of course, and most wonderfully, the most amazing person in WWE, my darling little English muffin... LAYLA!

Tonight my utterly precious (and slightly annoying) dearest is supposed to be facing Tiffany. Tiffany has a pretty smile and (I've seen em in person twice and, yeah, no kidding) a pair of the best legs in history, so this match oughta be pretty. But wait! But hark! According to Vickie Guerrero, the Women's Championship belt will be defended, tonight, by my Layla's BFF, Michelle McCool! What a tragedy! This is not to be countenanced! Eh, oh well, whatever... it's not a bad match, and Michelle is a really good wrestler, and Layla is still hopping around and fussing adorably, so it's not like we're missing the really good parts of a Layla match (minus her selling) or anything, right? Tiffany has impressed me so much with her development in the past few months, too, since the end of the ECW brand. She started as an absolutely terrible wrestler, and now she's actually developed into something of a powerhouse. I like her very strong, physical style and look forward to seeing more of her (and her legs) in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment